The 1907–08 WPHL season was the eighth season of operation for the Western Pennsylvania Hockey League (WPHL). The season also marked the first season since 1903-04. Since then, the teams had competed in the International Professional Hockey League (IPHL) for three seasons. Four Pittsburgh-area teams competed, in which all games were played at the Duquesne Gardens. Former IPHL teams Pittsburgh Athletic Club and the Pittsburgh Bankers resumed play in the league. Two additional teams were added to the league; the Pittsburgh Pirates and a team representing the Pittsburgh Lyceum.
The season concluded with the Pittsburgh Bankers having the best record in the league and being named league champions. It would be the team's second league title.
In what might have been the first trade involving professional hockey players, the Pittsburgh Pirates sent James MacKay, Edgar Dey and Dunc Taylor to the Bankers in exchange for Joseph Donnelly, Clint Bennest and a player named "McGuire" on January 28, 1908.