W. Chambers & Burleigh St.
Opened May 20, 1888, Borchert Field become well known for its bar behind home plate that offered the best seat in the house for two rows of standing patrons. It was closed during prohibition. Borchert Field was named for the somewhat eccentric owner of the team, Otto Borchert. For many years, the park was turned into a skating rink in the winter. The grandstand extended past the bases, and all the seats were turned to face home, so that those sitting past the bases actually had their backs to the outfield. Most fans could see only about half the outfield.
The park was oriented on N. 7th (1B) & N. 8th (3B) Streets between W. Chambers (HP) & W. Burleigh (CF) Streets. The catcher faced NE.
Negro and the All-American Girls Leagues played here also. The Green Bay Packers played NFL games in 1933. June 15, 1944 a severe thunder storm hit the stadium and injured 30 fans, but no ball players. The park was torn down in 1953, and the site is now a community playground.