Avenue Grounds was a baseball field located in Cincinnati, USA. Also known as Brighton Park and Cincinnati Baseball Park, the ground was home to the Cincinnati Reds baseball club from April 25, 1876, to August 27, 1879. The ballpark featured a grandstand that could seat up to 3,000 fans. It was approximately 2 miles (3.2 km) north of the Union Grounds, where the original professional team from the area, the Cincinnati Red Stockings played, and was approximately 4 miles (6.4 km) from the heart of the city, so horse-drawn streetcars and trains were a popular way to travel to the park. The ballpark had first opened in 1875, and would continue to be used for various types of amateur sports until at least the mid-1890s. The major league club of 1876–1879 played poorly, and actually dropped out of the league before the 1879 season ended. The club revived for 1880, and relocated to the Bank Street Grounds.