Opened June 19, 1896, the park featured a 25-foot fence built in RF to mitigate the effects of the short porch. The distance from home plate to the backstop was 88 feet. The catcher faced NE. A 1903 map shows the park enclosed by "wire lath and stuccoed" fences, 20-foot high along both base lines, and 12-foot high in the outfield. The ticket office was beyond the RF corner; a ramp led from that area into the grandstand. The clubhouse was next to the ticket office, partially under the grandstand. The grandstand on the 1B side apparently consisted of reserved seating. The grandstand extended to the RF fence, but on the 3B side, a bleacher section ran from the grandstand to the LF fence. The park was across the street from the Nicollet Car Barn of the Twin City Rapid Transit Co. In 1935, a 30-foot fence replaced the older structure, and a 16-foot screen was erected above the fence. Wheaties first used their famous "Breakfast of Champions" slogan on a billboard ad on the outfield fence in 1933. The Norwood Bank Building now stands on the site.