Recreation Park II was located in the Schumacher Place neighborhood, and was bound by Schiller (now East Whittier) Street to the south, Jaeger Street to the west (other sources say 5th Street, which is one block farther west), Ebner Street to the east and East Kossuth Street to the north. This was the home field for the Columbus Solons of the American Association from 1889 through 1891. The bulk of the site is now occupied by a Giant Eagle and is bisected by South Grant Avenue. The remaining parts of the original large block are residences.
On November 1, 1890 the Ohio State University football team played their first home game at Recreation Park (II). A historical marker was put up at the former site of the field on October 20, 2006 to commemorate the first Ohio State home game, a 64–0 loss to Wooster.