The Fort Wayne Kekiongas were a professional baseball team, notable for winning the first professional league game on May 4, 1871. Though based in Fort Wayne, they were usually listed in game reports as simply "Kekionga" or "the Kekiongas", per the style of the day. "Fort Wayne Kekiongas" is modern nomenclature. In April 1862, several young men gathered in Fort Wayne, Indiana, to form the Summit City Club to play baseball. Banker Allen Hamilton donated land between major thoroughfares Calhoun and Clinton Street, south of Lewis Street, for a ball field.